There are many reasons to root kindle fire, more than there is for any other android device. The most obvious one is to get to install the real android market.
For those who do not know, Rooting an android device (kindle fire here) allows you and your apps to gain root privileges on the device, and that means the ability to read and write from the system and other protected folder, by having this ability you will be able to modify core elements in your device, tweak it, get the most of it. At the same time, rooting can be risky, because it will allow you or one of your apps to mess the kindle fire`s system and boot files, which may lead a bricked kindle fire.
This simple guide will show you how to root kindle fire easily and safely, just follow the steps, don`t improvise, and you will have a rooted kindle fire in like 5 minutes. This method has been tested up to 6.2.1
5 Steps to Root kindle fire:
1. Download this file and extract it. it contains the Kindle fire Utility. a software brought to you by the guys at XDA Developers. (see the credits there and if you can donate to them, please do).
2. plug in you kindle fire via USB, on your computer, go to the device manager(right click my computer, manage, then device manager) , if you see an “android composite ADB” under android phone, then skip this step. if you see a mis-installed “kindle” device, right click it, click update driver software select browse computer for driver, then select let me pick from a list, then “have disk” . browse to the drivers folder in the Kindle fire utility that you extracted and select android_winusb.inf. if you are given a red warning message, click install anyway.
Dont continue unless your kindle fire is shown as “android composite ADB Interface”
3. Open the file called run.bat, then select install permanent root with superuser by typing it’s number (3) then hitting enter. If you have a message like <waiting for device> it means that you didn’t install the driver correctly, get back to step 2.
4. wait until the process is finished, hit enter until the Kindle fire utility is closed.
5. That’s it! your kindle fire should be rooted now.
You may want to confirm that your successfully rooted your kindle fire, you may do so by installing the root checker or activating the following options in your ES file explorer
Now that you have rooted your kindle fire, you may want to install the Go luncher EX, android market place, and other Google apps.
Please let me know if you run into any trouble